Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. -Proverbs 4:25
Rocky Creek continues to celebrate spiritual and numerical growth, and the church must plan now for continued growth in the future. We look back and celebrate the legacy of those who have given leadership and guidance in the construction of our present day campus and buildings, and we look forward to our future.
The following content is summarized of a plan proposed by our church council. Exact figures and specifics are contained in a fuller document for our church membership. The summary of each stage is listed below:
We desire to maximize our current and future impact by:
- updating the sanctuary,
- upgrading our playground,
- remodeling flexible meeting spaces, and
- renovating the hub of our campus as a place of connection for our church.
To address each of these key areas, the church council, comprised of ministry leaders, enlisted LS3P architects to develop a master plan and proposes a four-phased approach to address these specific objectives.
UPDATING THE SANCTUARY
Why? Our existing sanctuary has served this congregation since April 12, 1970. While there are several items needing to be updated throughout the campus, the sanctuary is our first priority. This space serves to gather the entire church family while leading people to the central truth of the gospel.
What will phase one include?
- New paint
- New carpet
- Updated seating
- Curved wall behind choir loft
- Open baptistery
- Projection screens placed to the sides
- Central placement of a cross
- New pulpit
- Indoor signage
- Acoustical treatment
UPGRADING OUR PLAYGROUND
Why? Our playground space is used for our church programs, Rocky Creek Academy, and some of our homeschool groups. We want to maximize the amount of space we have for children to play and to ensure our children’s safety.
What will phase two include?
- Anti-microbial turf
- Drainage system
- Safety pad
- New playground equipment
- Six-foot black aluminum fence
REMODELING FLEXIBLE MEETING SPACES
Why? The existing choir room and multipurpose room are both used weekly by multiple groups. These spaces need to be remodeled to provide a flexible, inviting atmosphere for a variety of ages and groups.
What will phase three include?
- Updates to the multipurpose room providing flexible meeting room and classroom adaptability including flexible staging area for leading music
- Updates to the choir room providing flexible choir room space, meeting room, and classroom adaptability
RENOVATING THE HUB OF OUR CAMPUS
Why? Our leaders desire for our welcome center and church offices to be adjacent to the sanctuary and to become the hub of activity on Sundays and weekdays for both fellowship and discipleship. This new addition would provide Rocky Creek a central area where people can gather and have casual conversations with friends. The renovation would also provide an adequate welcome area for guests and provide those with limited mobility access to the church offices.
What will phase four include?
- Welcome center
- Large open gathering spaces for guests and members
- Accessible staff offices
- A second floor with additional meeting rooms
- An open connector that helps bridge the worship center, staff offices, elevator entries, stairwells, and preschool wing to each other
Timeline for Updates, Construction, and Funding:
- November 12, 2017 – Information presented to church at Waypoint in sanctuary at 6:00 pm
- November 19, 2017 – 2018 church budget approved in morning services at 9:00 am and 10:30 am
- November 26, 2017 – Church council and staff available in the fellowship hall at 5:00 pm on Sunday to answer any questions regarding the building program
- November 29, 2017 – Church council and staff available in the fellowship hall at 7:30 pm on Wednesday to answer any questions regarding the building program
- December 17, 2017 – The church votes to affirm the four proposals and establishes a building fund
- Early 2018 – Phase 1 and Phase 2 begin
- April 2018 – Church council will provide an update regarding Phase Three and Phase Four and seek affirmation from the church regarding next steps
Start Giving Today
As God prompts you to give toward the building program, keep these things in mind:
- A tithe is our first fruits gift to the Lord to support the ongoing ministries and costs associated with the operation of our church. If you have not tithed in the past, consider this opportunity to be your starting point for financial stewardship.
- We encourage members to give in person, give online, or set up a reoccurring gift with your bank to make tithing a regular part of your obedience as a believer.
- Make a commitment to give an offering to the building program above and beyond the tithe to help our church meet the goals set forth in this proposal.
- Make a one-time gift to a significant portion of one of the phases.
Even before we announced the plan at Waypoint, God has already provided much of the resources to begin. In addition to our giving going up, we have an abundance in our reserve funds. As we continue to support Great Commission activities in Greenville and to the ends of the earth, we also want to use these funds wisely to invest in the future and address issues now rather than more expensive later.
Working with 2-3 months of operating expenses remaining in our reserve funds, we are able to fund Phase 1 and Phase 2 completely. We are also 37% of the way funded for Phase 3 – praise the LORD!
Before even announcing this proposed plan, we can achieve Phase 1, Phase 2, and 37% funded of Phase 3 right now!
God is providing. If you would like to be a part of supporting the ministry of Rocky Creek, you can give here. Church family, make sure to pick up a copy of the funding specifics if you were unable to come to Waypoint.