We all say that we should know the Bible better than we do. Don’t you think it’s time that we did something about it?
The Equipping of the Church
- If we rely on a few ministry professionals, we will never witness what a church can really do in this world.
- Christ does not desire for Christians to remain on the sidelines.
- If we feel underdeveloped and underutilized, then we need to be equipped.
The Multiplication of Ministry
- Weekly teaching to equip our church for the work of the ministry – Sundays at 6:15
- Teaching posted online and podcast weekly
- This course can be used as a free audit or a credited course
- Process for internships and residencies for those seeking ministry development
- Flexible opportunities for differing ministry paths
- The Recommission Network
- Churches recommissioning together for the Great Commission
- We seek to enlist, equip, entrust, and engage people into meaningful ministry service
- The Entrust Institute
- Rocky Creek school partnering with North Greenville University
- Program designed to earn Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (35) or Masters of Divinity (75)
- This institute will create a streamlined approach to best utilize all of these components
- This degree program will be 28% cheaper but fully integrated
- We will have an official launch in 2022 but a soft course launch
The Study of Hermeneutics
Hermeneutics – the process of correctly interpreting the Word of God
Dangerous Trends in Bible Reading:
- Fortune Cookie – The Bible isn’t a collection of random sayings thrown randomly to individual consumers.
- Yearbook – The Bible isn’t about you; so stop turning to the back to search for only the pages that address you.
- Abstract Art – The Bible isn’t a piece of abstract art just awaiting your personal interpretation.
It doesn’t matter what the Bible means to you – it matters what it means to God.
A text cannot mean what it never meant.
If you study the Bible out of context, you study it just like the devil (Luke 4:1-11).
This course will help you develop and sharpen skills so that you can unashamedly handle the Word accurately (2 Tim. 2:15).
- 8/22 – Explanation
- 8/29 – What Is the Bible?
- 9/5 – What Is Hermeneutics?
- 9/12 – Who Determines the Meaning of Scripture?
- 9/19 – What Role Does Context Play in the Bible?
- 9/26 – What Are Literary Genres in the Bible?
- 10/3 – How Should We Interpret Historical Narratives?
- 10/10 – How Should We Interpret the Law?
- 10/17 – How Should We Interpret the Wisdom Literature?
- 10/24 – How Should We Interpret Prophecy?
- 10/31 – Family Gathering
- 11/7 – How Should We Interpret the Gospels?
- 11/14 – How Should We Interpret Epistles?
- 11/21 – How Should We Interpret Apocalyptic Literature?
- 11/28 – Waypoint
- 12/5 – Why Are There So Many Bible Translations?
- 12/12 – What Are the Dangerous Trends in Biblical Interpretation?
- 12/19 – How Should I Study My Bible from Here?