Week of Prayer Day 1
Sunday, November 28, 2021
Churches connect with missionary task
Pray for the Louderbacks and Blackstens who are serving in Central America and the Caribbean. They help to facilitate entry-level ministry opportunities for Southern Baptist Churches interested in partnering with the IMB. Their prayer is that people who come to work alongside them for their first mission opportunity would choose to build upon that experience and continue to serve.
- Pray for inroads for Indigenous believers who are reaching the lost.
- Pray churches who participated in Americas Connect will continue to pursue opportunities to serve.
- Pray the Lord will facilitate more church connections.
Week of Prayer Day 2
Monday, November 29, 2021
Missionaries Welcome Efforts to Push Back Darkness
Pray for Henderson Hills Baptist Church in Oklahoma and their Mission Pastor Mike. They discovered that less than 5% of mission work takes place among the North Africa and Middle East (NAME). They decided to help change that statistic through their own church efforts. Pray for this church and thousands of others like them to help push back the spiritual darkness.
- Pray that God will call out more churches to join the work to reach NAME peoples with the gospel.
- Pray for more long-term missionaries in the fields among the unreached.
- Pray that the light of Christ would break the barriers that keep many from hearing the gospel.
Week of Prayer Day 3
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Couple Equips Hispanics and Latinos in South Asia
Pray for Skip and Kim Meyer who are serving in South Asia. They grew up as missionary kids in South America where they were called to continue together in missions. They are helping to reach some of the least-reached areas in South Asia and are ministering alongside and training Hispanic and Latino Christians who are committed to seeing the Gospel reach regions where it has never been before.
- Pray for Hispanics and Latinos as they serve in hard-to-reach regions of South Asia.
- Pray for the Meyers and other IMB missionaries as they serve in areas in great need of the gospel.
- Pray for more Hispanics and Latinos to answer the call to serve.
Week of Prayer Day 4
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
West Africans Take Lead in Sharing Bible Stories
The Baptist Bible Institute of Togo is working to train West African people to share Bible stories to people in their oral culture. IMB Missionary Katee Sheppard has been working with some of these trained nationals to share Bible stories for over a decade in a ministry to truck drivers. (As a special side note to our RC Family, one of the pastors we met with in Senegal was trained as a pastor in Togo.)
- Pray for the African orality trainers as they continue to organize and teach others how to effectively use Bible storying to share and teach God’s Word.
- Pray that the graduates of IBBT will put into practice the orality skills they have acquired when they return to their towns and villages.
- Pray for the unreached people groups of Sub-Saharan Africa, asking God to confirm in their hearts the truth of the stories they hear.
Week of Prayer Day 5
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Turkmen Search for Security, Hope
Life in Turkmenistan, one of the most repressive countries in the world according to those in the region, causes many Turkmen to look for an escape route. Political and social stressors play a role, but a lack of basic necessities is the driving force. “Life has been very difficult in Turkmenistan,” says Lara Bingham, an IMB worker in Central Asia. Add to that, Islam is the majority religion and if someone identifies themselves as a follower of Jesus, they risk losing their jobs and relationship.
- Pray that the desperation the Turkmen feel would make their hearts soft toward the good news of Jesus.
- Pray that God will heal the deep wounds in believing families and use them to build His church.
- Pray that God will turn the hearts of Turkmenistan’s leaders toward the needs of the people and that they will rule with wisdom, justice and mercy.
Week of Prayer Day 6
Friday, December 3, 2021
Prayer and Miracles Transform
Stephen and Erin Spencer* minister in a region of Southeast Asia where civil unrest is on the rise and foreigners are blacklisted from entering certain regions. However, the good news is entering homes and hearts. One of these hearts is a woman who goes by the name “Momma.” who has seen miraculous answers to prayer — a pig raised from the dead, rashes disappeared, and a woman healed from paralysis. The Spencers say prayer transformed Momma’s village, and answered prayers are leading many to Christ.
- Pray with Momma that the Lord will continue to move in people’s hearts.
- Pray for the Spencers and for other IMB missionaries in Southeast Asia who are ministering in places of civil unrest.
- Pray for courage for the new believers.
Week of Prayer Day 7
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Taiwanese Believers Commit to Global Spread of Gospel
When IMB missionary Jeremiah Farmer* moved to Taiwan, he recognized a need in the churches — no one was being sent out as missionaries. According to Jeremiah, in the year 2019, less than seven Taiwanese in the entire world were serving on the mission field. Jeremy and other IMB missionaries focused on training Taiwanese believers and encouraging and equipping them to be sent. Over the past few years a number of Taiwanese missionaries have been sent out.
- Pray for HIM to continue to prosper and send out more Taiwanese missionaries with each passing year.
- Pray for Taiwanese missionaries who have already been sent out; pray God would bless their ministry.
- Pray for IMB missionaries and Taiwanese Baptist partnerships to continue to grow for the sake of the gospel.
Week of Prayer Day 8
Sunday, December 5, 2021
Churches Grow and Multiply in Czechia
When Larry and Melissa Lewis and their family moved to Czechia in 2009 as IMB church planters, they knew they had a tough job ahead. Only 29% of the population acknowledges the existence of a god and less than 1% choose to follow Jesus. In fact, Czechia is well known for being the most irreligious country in Europe. But trusting God’s call, the Lewises came and began a Bible study in their home. That Bible study outgrew their home, so they moved to a local community center and eventually grew to be a vibrant Czech-speaking church that is planting other churches.
- Pray for the Lewises and Daniel as they lead Mozaika and for the leaders of other new churches beginning in surrounding cities.
- Pray for the Bible training center for pastors and for the ten men who are training for future ministry.
- Pray for two new IMB families coming to join the work in Czechia this year.