- One of the greatest ways to glorify God is by creating and cultivating in the gardens He has placed us.
- Work is not the consequence of sin – frustration with work is (cf. Gen. 2:15; 3:18).
- When we hinder ourselves and others from meaningful work, we attempt to disfigure God’s image upon us.
Unwise Financial Practices (6:1-5)
- As a steward of God’s resources, He has entrusted me to handle His blessings in the wisest way possible.
- When I cosign for debts, I endanger myself and enable others.
- Do whatever is necessary to avoid unnecessary bondage and secure financial freedom.
Unwise Work Ethics (6:6-11)
- As a steward of God’s giftings, He has entrusted me to use the skills He gives in the wisest way possible.
- God’s people should be the most ambitiously productive in the world.
- Laziness insults God, impacts others, and impedes ourselves.
Unwise Personal Interactions (6:12-19)
- As a steward of God’s opportunities, He has entrusted me to interact with others in the wisest way possible.
- Avoid taking advantage of people and situations for personal gain.
- God despises pride, even if it only influenced our interactions with one another.
- No individual, family, or nation will survive if work is deemed unnecessary.
- When you restore the dignity of wise, helpful, productive work, you give glory to God and do good to others.