God does not want you to be unsure if you belong to Him (5:13).
True Christians Pray Confidently (5:14-15)
- Prayer serves to align us with God’s desires rather than Him fulfilling our wishes (5:14).
- Those who know Jesus are eager to pray and confident that He hears them (5:15).
True Christians Love Intensely (5:16-17)
- Followers of Jesus should bear a deep burden regarding even the sin of others (5:16).
- Any professed love for others should reach the spiritual level (5:17).
True Christians Obey Predominately (5:18a)
- We must be reborn before we can ever be redirected (5:18).
- Ongoing, defiant sin cannot be present in the life of a true believer (5:18).
True Christians Endure Assuredly (5:18b-19)
- If you refuse the devil’s ways, you can be assured of God’s protection (5:18).
- We do not have to fear this world’s corruption because the enemy has no power over us (5:19).
True Christians Believe Wholeheartedly (5:20-21)
- Faith in Jesus should provide a type of holy confidence in who He is and what He has done (5:20).
- Beware of substituting a good thing into a god thing (5:21).
Do you know that you know that you know that you belong to Jesus?