- Parables most often have a single purpose and communicate a single point.
- Travelers arriving at midnight meant a long journey and great hunger (5-6).
- Hospitality was a major priority, and the host was expected to be generous (6).
- The friend was not unwilling to give the bread, nor is God hesitant to bless his children (7).
- Persistent prayer demonstrates to God what needs and desires you prioritize (8).
- God wants us to communicate our needs to him and wants us to trust and rely on him for our every need (9-10).
- Many people don’t ask God for much because they are afraid of what He may give them (11-12).
- God wants us to sit with him and cast all our shameless cares on him.
- The blessing of prayer is not in the getting but in the communing with the Holy Spirit (13).