The Only Approval Required (Nick Jefson)
When we live our lives for Jesus, He is the only affirmation we need to receive. If we can maintain the perspective that we live for an audience of one, we can seek to please Him in every aspect of our lives.
The two-fold understanding of “the approval of Christ” – Eph. 1:15-23; 1 Cor. 15
- Christ is approved by God through His resurrection from the dead.
- We are approved by God because we are found in Christ.
The approval of Christ sustains us in all circumstances. (1 Thess. 2:1-2)
- When we busy ourselves with the things of God, He will redeem that time for His glory and our good.
- Their burdens were turned into boldness for the gospel because of their assurance and approval before God in Christ.
The approval of Christ frees us from the fear of man and teaches us the fear of God. (1 Thess. 2:3-4)
- We do not need to fear the approval of men.
- We need to learn to fear God – who views our hearts.
The approval of Christ emboldens us to proclaim His Gospel (1 Thess. 2:5-6)
- We, too, must strive to be honest and sincere in our ministry and seek the approval of God and not men.