During his sermon on January 28, Pastor Travis shared the “6 Categories of Discipleship”.
- Delight – Discipleship must be motivated by the wondrous delight of knowing Jesus.
- Disobedience – Discipleship must warn against disobedience in any sinful leanings specific to the person.
- Doctrine – Discipleship must wisely equip the follower to possess competent biblical doctrine.
- Development – Discipleship must address areas of calling with the intention to bring about ministry development.
- Discipline – Discipleship must train in areas of spiritual discipline for continual growth.
- Dependence – Discipleship must continually acknowledge the complete dependence upon Jesus for the believer’s maturity.
Ladies, you have two opportunities starting in March that will help you as a disciple. There will be two different times when the Bible study, Finding I AM by LysaTerKeurst, will be offered: Wednesday nights at 6:30pm and Thursday mornings at 10:00am.
This seven week study will give you the opportunity to delight in knowing Jesus and practice the discipline of Bible reading. It will also teach you sound doctrine and dependence upon God. You will gain the following as well:
- Find freedom in difficult circumstances by learning how to shift from “slave mentality” to “set free mentality”
- Discover how Jesus is the key to satisfaction by learning the crucial significance behind each of His I AM statements
- Trade feelings of emptiness for the fullness of knowing who Jesus is
- Grow in biblical literacy with this exploration of the Gospel of John
To register for the Wednesday night study click here.