by Keith and Kristyn Getty
I recently read this gem by Keith and Kristyn Getty. After reading it, I felt this was something that I needed to share with our music ministry. I bought each member of our choir a copy of the book. Over an eight week period, we walked through this book together and talked about the principles and challenges that book presented.
Over the next weeks, I will be posting what I shared in our time together, and I will end each post with a discussion question from the book. I hope you will find this helpful.
I have a few extra copies if you would like one or you may want to purchase yourself a copy. Here is a link for that.
Here is what some people are saying about the book.
Sing! has grown from Keith and Kristyn Getty’s passion for congregational singing; it’s been formed by their traveling and playing and listening and discussing and learning and teaching all over the world.
And in writing it, they have five key aims:
• to discover why we sing and the overwhelming joy and holy privilege that comes with singing
• to consider how singing impacts our hearts and minds and all of our lives
• to cultivate a culture of family singing in our daily home life
• to equip our churches for wholeheartedly singing to the Lord and one another as an expression of unity
• to inspire us to see congregational singing as a radical witness to the world
They have also added a few “bonus tracks” at the end with some more practical suggestions for different groups who are more deeply involved with church singing.
God intends for this compelling vision of His people singing—a people joyfully joining together in song with brothers and sisters around the world and around his heavenly throne—to include you. He wants you, he wants us, to sing.
I hope you will join me as we walk through this book and begin to see Gods heart for His children singing.