- God’s call upon a young woman from a podunk town reminds us that He specializes in using the unpredictable (1:26-27).
- To be favored by God means that He has bestowed His grace (χάρις) upon the individual (1:28-30).
- She is to name God’s Son, Jesus, which means “Yahweh Is Salvation” (1:31).
- Jesus is to take the throne of David among the people of Israel, yet His reign will have no end (1:32-33).
- Gabriel doesn’t rebuke Mary’s question because she sought clarification, not confirmation (1:34).
- Gabriel informs that the birth of God the Son will come through the power of God the Father and the work of God the Spirit (1:35).
- The existence of God removes the realm of impossibility among us (1:36-37).
- Mary surrendered her previously planned agenda to God’s sovereign plans (1:38).
- Accepting God’s plan for your life might usher in humiliation and isolation.
- Fear disobedience to God more than the disapproval of others.
- God’s initiation is always due to His grace and not our works.
- If you have received favor from God, there should be no end to your eager willingness to His plans.