- The more distant we are from God, the easier it is to disobey Him.
- The devil’s strategy is to distract you from your relationship with God and others.
- We could read the entire Bible in 20 days if we just used the average time we spend on our phones.
- We could read the entire Bible 9 times in a year if we just used the average time we spend on Netflix.
- Jesus’ reputation constantly increased the number of people requesting His attention (5:15).
- People were drawn to Jesus by what He would say and what He could do (5:15).
- Jesus consistently withdrew from the crowds so that He could adequately minister to them (5:16).
- Jesus would rise early (Mark 1:35), stay up late (Luke 6:12), retreat to isolation (Matt. 14:23), and frequent favorite spots (Luke 22:39).
- If the perfect Son of God prioritized meeting with His Father this much, what makes us think we could neglect it?
- Plan what your devotions will look like for one week at a time.
- Prepare your rhythms and environments to facilitate your devotions.
- Partner with someone else who either knows or shares your plan.
- Persist in your devotions regardless of how many days you miss.