As worldviews continually clash in our society, we must find a way to defend our faith with gentleness and respect.
WHAT is APOLOGETICS
Christian apologetics is a reasoned defense of Christian belief that starts with a foundation of faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.
APOLOGETICS IN SCRIPTURE
1 Peter 3:15 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Philippians 1:7 Colossians 2:8
2 Timothy 2:22-26
WHAT IS A WORLDVIEW?
“A worldview is the perspective through which you understand and approach life and the world.”
1. Origin: Where did we come from? 4. Morality: How should we live
2. Identity: Who are we? 5. Eternity: Where are we going?
3: Purpose: Why are we here?
HOW DID WE GET HERE?
- The Church became anti-intellectual.
- The separation of faith and reason.
- The separation of the sacred and the secular.
- Secular attacks
DEVELOPING A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW
We must do this to:
- Be faithful disciples of Christ.
- Learn to engage our culture without compromise.
- Knowledge is not bad.
- Don’t act as if you understand something that you don’t.
SHARING A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW
- Do not let rhetoric become a substitute for substance.
- If you notice that a person’s viewpoint self-destructs, point it out with a question rather than a statement.
- A person cannot deny absolute truth without affirming it.
- Our main goal is to share the Gospel, not win an argument.
MAJOR QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
- How can you believe there is absolute truth?
- Creation: God or something else?
- Is Scripture Reliable?
- If there is a God, why is there evil and suffering?
- How can there be absolute morality? (right and wrong)