The Approval of the Gospel Message (2:1-3)
- Accepting God’s call to minister to others is always a worthwhile pursuit (2:1).
- The truth of the gospel provides a healthy framework to interpret conflict in our lives (2:2).
- If the gospel is truly true, then we should not be hesitant to share it with others (2:3).
The Approval of the Gospel Ministry (2:4-6)
- If ministry is entrusted to us by God, then our desire for approval should rest with Him as well (2:4).
- Man will judge our actions, but God will test our hearts (2:4).
- Life becomes so much simpler when we define who it is we are trying to please (2:4).
- If our hope is to be received, rewarded, or revered by others, even our good deeds will be selfishly motivated (2:5-6).
- No spiritual advantages should be used to garner preferential treatment (2:6).
Whose approval do you desire the most?