What if your struggle to follow Christ passionately is because you haven’t committed to a church consistently?
Family Leaders (5:12)
- Pastors are called to labor diligently to meet the multifaceted needs of a church.
- Pastors are called to lead clearly by God’s authority, not through domineering or manipulative means.
- Pastors are called to teach boldly so that the church knows how to apply the truths of God’s Word.
“The church is organized under the authority of Jesus (Col. 1:18), the leadership of the pastors (Acts 20:28), the service of the deacons (1 Tim. 3:13), and the ministry of the members (Eph. 4:12).” -RC Bylaws
Family Members (5:13-15)
- Members are called to value their leaders due to their unique type of calling for the sake of the church (5:13a).
- We cannot tolerate an unwillingness to peacemaking within the Body of Christ (5:13b).
- A church family commits to relate intentionally and patiently with one another (5:14).
- Be careful that you don’t make others’ spiritual conditions suffer due to your unresolved issues (5:15).
You will only benefit from this church family according to the level of your commitment.