- In 1967, futurists predicted we would make so much progress that by 1985 the average workweek would only be 22 hours.
- Advances in technology have enabled the opportunities to sleep less, stretch wider, and work more.
- “If the devil cannot make us bad, he will make us busy.” -Corrie ten Boom
- To prioritize godliness in an ungodly culture, we must scrutinize how we practically live our lives (5:15).
- We tend to drift toward unwise habits of how we spend our days (5:15).
- To redeem our time, we must confront any rival distracting us from using our moments to the fullest (5:16).
- An hour spent on evil pursuits is an hour robbed from prioritizing God’s will (5:17).
- God’s Word provides us with the general principles of God’s will to apply in our specific contexts with the time we have left (5:17).
- Stop prioritizing your schedule and start scheduling your priorities.
- Stop permitting time-stealing distractions to dictate your life.
- Stop giving the most important relationships the least intentional time.