- If you look at your phone for 3 ½ hours a day, you have spent over 50 days of the last year on that device.
- If the average person spends over 10 hours staring at a screen a day, that is almost ⅔ of our waking lives.
- We will mindlessly drift toward unhealthy habits unless we intentionally replace them with better ones.
- If you are unsure of your goal, you will be unable to identify if you’ve arrived at it (9:24).
- It’s a shame that athletes know what to pursue and what to avoid while disciples seem oblivious to necessary changes (9:25).
- Unless we clarify the purpose of discipline, we will never be motivated to make the necessary changes (9:26).
- We will either control our habits, or our habits will control us (9:27).
- It is unacceptable for Christians to be dominated by distractions without putting up a fight (6:12).
- Decide what is a healthy technology limit that keeps you unashamed before God.
- Detox yourself from any addictive patterns that hinder your roles or relationships.
- Defend yourself from technology in proven weakened situations.
- Determine what meaningful habits will replace the mindless ones.
- Divulge your plan to another person for mutual accountability.