When the Cherubim Laid Down His Sword
Ever since sin entered the world, Mankind had been barred from reentering the presence of God. When Jesus died on the cross, the veil was torn and we were invited back to commune with God.
- The cherubim denied sinners’ access to the presence of God after the Fall of Mankind (Gen. 3:24).
- The cherubim served as blockades from the holiness of God even in the glorious visions of the prophets (Ezek. 10:18-19).
- The cherubim covered the Ark of the Covenant and provided a final barrier on the mercy seat between God and the holiest of priests (Ex. 37:9).
- The cherubim were sewn into the very fabric of the veil separating the people from the Holy of holies (Ex. 36:35).
- Man’s attempts to reconcile with God were not only improbable – they were impossible.
- Any effort to reach God by our own doings has been opposed on every side.
- The cross of Christ is the only thing powerful enough to disarm the cherubim (Matt. 27:51).
- We reenter the presence of God not because we found a way but because Jesus made a way.
- The only way the cherubim lowers his defenses is if your sin has been forgiven.
- Any version of Christianity that still has God standing at a distance from you is not true Christianity.