- Jesus was invited to a sabbath dinner with Pharisees, where he healed someone in need.
- Jesus began to teach this parable as he saw the contention over where people would sit.
- Jesus warns about thinking you are more important than you are. (14:8-9)
- It is better to be humble than end up humiliated. (14:10)
- It is better to be exalted by God than to be exalted by man. (14:11)
- Being a follower of Jesus means following him into humility.
- You can’t promote Jesus if you are too busy promoting yourself.
- The Christian life is marked by serving others above yourself.