- A wealthy young man had just questioned Jesus about what he could do to inherit eternal life (19:16).
- Jesus warned how pursuing riches could distract us from spiritual matters (19:21-24).
- Peter wondered what rewards were coming their way since they abandoned comforts to follow Christ (19:27).
- A man hired workers and agreed to pay them one denarius for a day’s work (20:1-2).
- As the day continued, he hired additional workers and started them immediately (20:3-7).
- The earlier workers were frustrated that everyone was paid the same due to a lack of perceived fairness (20:8-12).
- The boss kept his promise and maintained his right to do whatever he desired (20:13-16).
- The longer we follow Jesus, the more entitled we are tempted to become.
- Only those who have gotten over their salvation would begrudge God’s mercy to another.
- No matter how much time you have already wasted, God’s invitation is still graciously available.
- God doesn’t require our permission to accomplish what He desires.
- God doesn’t owe us anything, yet He has already given us everything.