- We live in a society where worth is attributed to how much attention we can draw.
- Digital notifications of approval provide a rush of dopamine creating dependent and addictive patterns.
- Impressing someone online is far easier than engaging with someone in person.
- Pride must be discarded in the presence of the LORD (131:1).
- We must fight against overvaluing ourselves or undervaluing others (131:1).
- It is a special type of pride to think that we are the experts on everything (131:1).
- With a restless heart and society, it takes a specific effort to quiet our souls (131:2).
- A weaned soul lingers not because of necessity but due to desire (131:2).
- When we realize who we are not, we are able to hope in God for who He truly is (131:3).
- Be amazed that you get to follow Jesus rather than by how many people follow you.
- Humble yourself and accept you might not know everything and don’t have to comment on everything.
- Enforce a limit to how many apps you can use and how often you can use them.
- Use social media as a megaphone for the message you value most.