- Pornography is any type of sensual content intended to entice viewers.
- While immorality has always been a danger, the discreet nature of digital opportunities has significantly increased the threat.
- The wandering temptation of Proverbs 7 provides a perfect commentary on our current cultural crisis.
The Culture of Voyeurism (7:1-9)
- You cannot live wisely if you seek any connection with practices God forbids (7:1-5).
- You won’t avoid sin if you see how close you can get to it (7:6-8).
- What we drift toward when no one else is around reveals our truest character (7:9).
The Boldness of Immorality (7:10-20)
If you don’t intentionally seek immorality in this culture, it will aggressively hunt you down everywhere you go (7:10-13).
Expressing occasional religious activity does not give you a free pass to indulge in provocative activity (7:14-17).
The biggest lie of promiscuous behavior is that no one will ever find out (7:18-20).
The Danger of Apathy (7:21-27)
- If you feel lured into habits that would be shameful if exposed, you must change right now (7:21-22).
- The longer you indulge in sinful behavior, the more numb you become to its danger (7:22-23).
- You do not have a plan to fight sin if at least one person doesn’t know about it (7:24-27).
Change something with someone to get somewhere.