It’s a new month and that means it’s time for a new focus for the leadership at Rocky Creek. Each month, we are focusing on a specific area to really develop as a church body. Just to catch you up, here’s what we have been focusing on at Rocky Creek:
- January: Pastor – I am so thankful you allowed me to be your pastor!
- February: Website – The staff did a wonderful job at overhauling the website and the content to equip you is growing by the day.
- March: Services – We added an additional worship service and both of them are continuing to grow!
- April: Guests – We created a “Next Steps” process that has served guests and members alike.
- May: Leadership – We began the process of evaluating and equipping our staff and volunteer teams.
- June: Campus – We focused on ways to make simple adjustments now and plan for future developments later that will cause us to be better stewards of the buildings God has entrusted to our church family.
- July: Calendar – We finished a yearly calendar so you can plan your schedule around events and resources to help equip you in your disciple-making. The calendar is available here.
- August: Groups – We spent the month clarifying Gospel Groups and adding new ones that meet during the week.
- September: Curriculum – We focused on the biblical content that we taught in our Gospel Groups.
- October: Partnerships – We investigated how we further our Acts 1:8 strategy as it relates to our mission partnerships.
- November: Budget – We focused on financial stewardship and how we expand ministry giving in the future.
DECEMBER’S FOCUS: DISCIPLESHIP
This month we are gearing up for what we believe to be a game-changing 2018.
While this church has done a great job at making disciples in the past, we believe that we are entering into a season that is going to be life-changing in our church, in your homes, in this community, and among the nations.
When I say that everything next year will rise and fall on discipleship, I really do mean that. I know that should be the case every year, but we are gearing up every worship service, group, training, event, and resource to help equip you to make disciples. Over this last year, we set things in order (Titus 1:5) in order to prepare ourselves to make more disciples than ever before.
Our desire is to be aggressive in 2018 to make disciples who make disciples and to plant churches that plant churches.
Please be prayerful as we prepare this month and enter into 2018 with a renewed focus to make disciples.