Parables are memorable stories intended to communicate spiritual truths.
- Jesus’ ministry gained some traction, but it had not reached the anticipated momentum yet.
- Jesus was experiencing the skepticism from His forerunner (11:3), the conspiracy of religious leaders (12:14), the uncertainty of the crowds (12:23), and the pressure of His family (12:46).
- The gospel produces a harvest depending on the type of reception (13:1-9).
- Jesus doesn’t expect people to agree with spiritual truths if they don’t have a Kingdom mindset (13:10-13).
- Even religious people are in danger of possessing a dull spirituality (13:14-17).
- Every person has either a critical (18-19), casual (20-21), conflicted (22), or compliant (23) heart.
- Spiritual vibrancy is contingent upon how you process Kingdom values.
- If you don’t find yourself eagerly embracing a Kingdom mindset, it’s because you value something more.
- What does the manner of your receptivity say about your spiritual condition?