The longer we experience trials, the easier we fall to temptation.
The Temptation to Be Selfish (3:1-2)
- Our compassion for others should motivate us to do something about their situation.
- A mark of Christlikeness is being more concerned for another’s need than your own.
The Temptation to Avoid Affliction (3:3-4)
- There’s a difference between suffering due to Christian destiny and foolish decisions.
- We should not be surprised by affliction if we follow a perfect Savior who was undeservedly crucified.
The Temptation to Embrace Compromise (3:5)
- The enemy loves to use ongoing opposition to justify discouraged disobedience.
- Affliction will either drive us closer to God or drift further away from Him.
What Should You Do?
- Anticipate Suffering
- Fight Temptation
- Seek Help