Whoever you listen to the longest will guide you the furthest.
The Role of Parents as Influencers (2:1-5)
- If you are going to teach your family anything, encourage them to pursue God’s wisdom.
- A parent’s passion teaches a child what to prioritize.
The Role of Scripture as Influencers (2:6-11)
- We know the will of God through the Word of God.
- The Bible provides us with essential beliefs and expected behaviors.
The Role of Culture as Influencers (2:12-15)
- The culture gradually distorts God’s expectations so that we won’t notice how far we’ve strayed.
- If you surround yourself with those who rejoice in evil, you will begin to normalize it yourself.
The Role of Relationships as Influencers (2:16-19)
- Do not trust any relationship that encourages you to drift from your God or your family.
- Adultery promises to bring life, but it only brings death.
The Role of Church as Influencers (2:20-22)
- The easiest way to follow God is walking beside others going in the same direction.
- Many well-intentioned people never fully grow spiritually because they never truly commit to a church.