Areas of Agreement
- All Christians will experience some level of suffering in this life due to our association with Jesus.
- No Christian will experience God’s judgment because Christ has already taken it for us.
- Some Christians will be wrong with their end time predictions yet still experience eternity with Jesus.
No More Warnings (5:1-3)
- God doesn’t owe us any additional warnings other than what He has already given us (5:1).
- The only way to prepare for the Lord’s return is to assume that it could come at any time (5:2).
- Those who try to stay oblivious to spiritual matters now will be unable to avoid them soon (5:3).
- The people of God do not need to fear the Day of the Lord (5:3).
No More Excuses (5:4-8)
- If we are indeed children of light, we shouldn’t stumble like those still in darkness (5:4-5).
- Spiritual slumbers or sinful habits are signs of those deflecting eternal realities (5:6-7).
- Don’t walk through the battlefield of this life without protecting your heart and your head (5:8).
- The direction of your faith, love, and hope reveals your ultimate allegiance (5:8).