Question: How would you define “The Gospel?”
Introduction to the Gospel
- “Good News”
- Appears 93 times in the New Testament.
- The gospel is the good news that though we have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, the Son of God, Jesus, was born, lived a perfect life, died for our sins, and rose again. Paying the price for our sin, defeating death, and reigning eternally triumphant. So, there is now no condemnation for those who believe but only everlasting joy through the grace of Jesus.
The Gospel in Scripture
- We have redemption through Jesus’ blood (Eph. 1:7a).
- Jesus’ blood needed to be shed because of our sins (Eph. 1:7b).
- Jesus died because of God’s love for us, it was not plan B (Eph. 1:9-10).
- We have hope in a future sealed by the blood of Jesus (Eph. 1:13-14)
- We needed all this because we were dead in our sins and needed a God to raise us. (Eph. 2:1-6).
The Gospel Summed Up
We cannot preach the gospel to others unless we first preach it to ourselves.
- Must do this every day
- What is God doing in your life this week?
- Quiet Time
- 15 minutes a day is better than 2 hours once a week.
- Read Scripture
- Meditate on Scripture
- Apply Scripture