The Question: What would you say is the most difficult part of evangelism? Starting the conversation, the message, calling for a response?
- Ask God for wisdom and opportunities (Acts 8:26-29).
- Respond to the Lord’s calling to share (Acts 8:30-31).
- Study now so you will be prepared later (Acts 8:32-34).
- The Lord is already working before we get involved.
- Learn to use bridges to link your current conversation to a spiritual one.
- CHURCH Bridge
- “Do you attend church anywhere?”
- PERSONAL EXPERIENCE Bridge
- “Where are you in your own personal search for meaning and purpose in life?”
- INTELLECTUAL Bridge
- “Is there a specific question or concern that is hanging you up in your spiritual journey?”
- PERSONAL OPINION Bridge
- “What do you think of?” (God, Jesus Christ, religion, the Bible, the meaning of life, etc.)
- CURRENT ISSUES Bridge
- “The Bible is a remarkably relevant book. Would you like to see what it has to say about this issue?”
- SPORTS Bridge
- “Did you know that (name of well-known athlete) is a Christian?”
- FELT NEEDS Bridge
- Used to show how the Gospel answers the deepest needs of people.
- PRAYER Bridge
- “Is there something I could pray about for you?”
- RELATIONSHIP Bridge
- “We’ve been friends for a while now. We have talked together about so many things, yet there is a very important part of my life I have never shared with you. Could I share with you about my spiritual pilgrimage?”
Application: Practice connecting bridges to share the Gospel with others.