Witnessing to a Spouse
- Begin with yourself and your motives
- Remember the “Walk/Talk” Balance
1 Peter 3:1 – “Wives, in the same way, be submissive to your husbands, that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without talk by the behavior of their wives.”
- Live a Christ-like life; live the life of a servant.
- Never imply that the Christian life means perfection.
Witnessing to Parents
- Don’t act superior to them
- In renouncing your “old life,” make it clear that you are not rejecting your family or its heritage and traditions. Don’t ignore your family.
- Pray for your family
- Be sensitive to how and when you share your faith with family members.
- Admit your failures in living the Christian life.
Matt. 13:57 – “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown, and in his own household.”
- Be patient.
- Keep the channels of communication open.
- It is not loving not to share the Gospel.
Identifying Family Members
- Create a Family Tree Chart
- Ask questions
- What “felt needs” are your relatives experiencing?
- What are their current attitudes?
- What needs could you meet in their lives?
- What are their misunderstandings about Christianity?
- What are their hindrances in trusting in Christ?
- What mutual interests could lead to conversations about Christ?
- What occasions can you use to speak to them?
Application: Using the family tree chart, identify which family members need to hear the Good News of the Gospel.