If you truly belong to Christ, you will gradually become more and more like Him.
Jesus Is On His Way (2:28-29)
- Abiding with Jesus is all about remaining consistent in a relationship and not simply remembering when it started (2:28).
- Live today in such a way that you wouldn’t be ashamed if Jesus returned (2:28).
- Our hope for practical righteousness is that we will “get it honest” more than getting it right (2:29).
- The closer we walk with God, the more we will bear a righteous resemblance (2:29).
We Are On Our Way (3:1-3)
- God knows everything about us and still wants us to be His children (3:1).
- The reason this world feels off is due to the fact that it is not our home (3:1).
- Every person is God’s creation, but not every person is God’s child (3:2).
- I am God’s child now, but I still have some growing up to do (3:2).
- We should undergo progression on earth until we experience completion in heaven (3:2-3).
How evident is it that you are a child of God?