God wants to give you blessings that adultery guarantees to take from you.
Repeating “the Talk” (6:20-23)
- Parental rules should originate from biblical principles (6:20).
- One talk from parents about purity cannot compete with the million messages they receive from culture (6:21).
- Ensure that your lessons emphasize the need and the blessing of obedience (6:22-23).
Realizing the Progression (6:24-29)
- Words – Flirtatious communication is the beginning of inappropriate relationships (6:24).
- Looks – Unrestrained gazing is deepening an obsession that longs for physical culmination (6:25).
- Actions – Adulterous progression leads to embracing a forbidden relationship and estranging a forever commitment (6:26-29).
Recognizing the Consequences (6:30-35)
- Your Family – You do irreversible damage to your family when choosing someone else over them (6:30-31).
- Yourself – The worst thing you can do for yourself is always putting your temporal desires first (6:32).
- Your Reputation – You may receive forgiveness for adultery, but your reputation will never be free from its consequences (6:33).
- The Other Family – You can never repay another family when you rob them of a spouse and parent (6:34-35).
- Remove any rival before or during your marriage that takes something away from your spouse.