Your marriage’s health is contingent upon the joy you put into making it right.
Nurture Your Marriage (5:15-19)
- The healthiest marriages are those where spouses eagerly prioritize one another’s needs.
- Something needs adjusting in your marriage if it isn’t presently replenishing one another.
Flee Forbidden Relationships (5:20)
- If your reasonable thirsts are quenched within marriage, you are less likely to settle for contaminated water elsewhere.
- Seeking satisfaction from anyone other than your spouse is a recipe for thorough devastation.
Acknowledge God’s Presence (5:21)
- A refusal to acknowledge God’s perspective on your marriage is an indicator of your genuine spiritual condition.
- Consider what God would change in your marriage and prioritize it above all else.
Consider the Consequences (5:22-23)
- Sin’s intention for you is to entrap you progressively.
- Many families fall apart because one member refuses to practice discipline in the areas that matter most.