Recap: The reemerging people of God rediscovered their place with God and one another.
- Aspiring to leadership surrenders certain options in one’s life (11:1).
- When they didn’t have enough people willing to serve in key places, they had to force some to do so (11:1).
- Some were willing to put themselves in uncomfortable positions for the betterment of others (11:2).
- God’s work done God’s way involves all people bearing different responsibilities (11:3-36).
- Some led, some supported, but all were involved.
- A key to the health of God’s people was organizing them around relationships and responsibilities.
- The proximity of God’s work always invites conflict, but His presence makes it worth it.
- God is enlisting people who pursue His cause over their comfort.
- The work of God continues through ordinary people finding the courage and commitment to do what is necessary.
How is this church currently better because of your service?