Recap: The first half of Nehemiah has to do with rebuilding a wall, and the second half has to do with rebuilding a people.
- The people of God thought it necessary to identify by name those who were committed to God’s work and those who were not (10:1-27).
- God’s people ought to be recognizable by their beliefs and behavior (10:28-29).
- They vowed not to marry people of other faith commitments (10:30).
- They vowed not to allow the surrounding cultures to influence how they spent their time (10:31).
- They vowed to contribute financially to the work of the temple so that all could experience peace with God (10:32-39).
- My Association: Anonymous Christianity defrauds you and others of growth.
- My Relationships: You cannot walk with God well if your closest relationships go in the opposite direction.
- My Time: If your schedule doesn’t prioritize the things of God, it’s because another god is directing your time.
- My Finances: Refusing to give to Kingdom efforts enslaves you and robs others.
When we give together, we prove that we value God more than anything else.