- After rebuking the Pharisees days before His crucifixion, Jesus left the temple for the final time (Matt. 24:1).
- Jesus shared what signs His disciples should be looking for while waiting for the end times (Matt. 24:3).
- Jesus taught three final parables to help His disciples prepare for His return (Matthew 25).
- The ten virgins were unmarried bridesmaids invited to participate in the upcoming wedding (25:1).
- Half of the women planned well for the unknown commencement, but half were partially prepared (25:2-4).
- The groom arrived later than anticipated and alerted less than expected (25:5-6).
- Those unprepared searched frantically for something to guide their journey, but they were too late (25:7-13).
- Anyone who boasts of knowing Christ’s return claims insight that Scripture says they cannot possess.
- Not everyone who is invited to the heavenly celebration will make it there.
- Some people who appear prepared will flicker as challenges increase and Christ’s return seems delayed.
- You should require no additional warning than this one – Jesus will return.
- Are you prepared if Jesus returned this very day?