- Out of eight Hebrew words that mean “to kill,” God used a specific one that communicates unlawful murder.
- With this command, God forbid premeditated murder and reckless manslaughter.
- No lone individual has the authority to determine another’s right to live.
- Since God is the giver of life (Deut. 32:39), we do not have the license to take it away.
- If God stamped His image on a life, we should not snuff it out in wrathfulness or carelessness (cf. Gen. 1:27; Jam. 3:9).
- Jesus exposed that the heart of breaking this commandment originates in unrestrained anger (Matt. 5:22).
- Beware of an irresponsible attitude that endangers others.
- Avoid any substance that hinders your ability to reason and amplifies your capacity to jeopardize others.
- If God forms within the womb, then the aborting of the child’s life must be seen as murder.
- >>> Learn More: Come to Entrust tonight at 6:15 to hear how you can fight against abortion through the work of Piedmont Women’s Center.
- Avoid any callous responses to the taking of any human life.
- Don’t be shocked at a murderer’s actions while overlooking similar reactions within yourself.
- Beware the thoughts, words, and actions communicating your opinion of another’s worthlessness.