- The Israelites would have rather been plump and oppressed than hungry and free (16:1-3).
- Instead of punishing them for their complaints, God rained down what they needed (16:4-12).
- God proved to be their Provider for daily bread and then some (16:13-20).
- God taught the Israelites about personal responsibility and God’s consistency (16:21-30).
- God wanted them to remember how He faithfully cared for them through years of instability (16:31-36).
- Ask God for what you need rather than complaining about what you don’t have.
- Take what God provides and handle it the way He commands.
- Trust God for seven days of provision based on six days of work.
- Make it a habit to thank God specifically for how He provides abundantly.