- The Sabbath commandment is unique because God highlighted the need to remember it (20:8).
- Six days are designated for diligent work and one day is set apart for intentional rest (20:9).
- God warned about the addictive desire of manipulating others to be productive on one’s behalf (20:10).
- God rested on the Sabbath not because He was tired but because He knew we would be (20:11).
- Express gratitude for a God who cares for your well-being so much that He commands you to chill.
- Learn to trust God for seven days of provision from six days of work.
- Labor for six days in such a way that you require one day of rest.
- Evaluate if your weekly schedule brings honor to God.
- Make it a weekly habit to forsake the need to prove yourself.