- The first commandment is a warning against worshiping the wrong God, but the second is about worshiping the right God in the wrong way.
- Idolatry is about reducing the Creator by representing Him with a creation.
- God is rightfully jealous because He doesn’t require a go-between in your relationship.
- Sin brings consequences to those closest to us; obedience invites blessings.
- Any person, place, or product you consider necessary to follow God is an idol.
- Be careful of confusing your commitment to a tribe with an allegiance to your God.
- Mishandling devotion to God will negatively affect those around you.
- Your refusal to be an idolater can change your family’s legacy.
- We can worship God by honoring those made in His image rather than seeking to construct one on our own.
- God gave us a perfect image of Himself in Jesus – we should require none other.