- Despite God’s consistent provision, the people complained yet again about their conditions (17:1-2).
- Removed from their bondage, they forgot how horrific their prior circumstances were (17:3).
- Moses knew the people would turn on him if they didn’t get what they needed (17:4).
- God’s curious instruction to strike a rock provided the needed water (17:5-6).
- When the absence of provisions is the reality, the presence of God is doubted (17:7).
- Consider that the circumstances that call you to challenge God are critically consequential.
- Blaming a scapegoat for your unfavorable circumstances won’t make them better.
- Realize that the voices around you will gradually affect your perspective.
- Jesus is the innocent rock struck to address our sinful condition.