- God created us to dwell with Him (cf. Genesis 1-2).
- Mankind broke that fellowship in the Garden (Genesis 3).
- Abraham shared a meal with the LORD in Abraham’s tent (Genesis 18).
- God had the people build the Ark of the Testimony first (10).
- The ark that contained the instruction of God served as the base for the Mercy Seat (10-16).
- The Mercy Seat is surrounded by Cherubim and served as the place of communication with God (17-22).
- God had them set a table with dishes and perpetual bread so the LORD could share a meal with the priests, unlike other religions where the priests were not allowed within or to eat (23-30).
- A lampstand that resembled a tree with branches and almond blossoms served for light and as a reminder that God would “watch over” His word (31-40; cf. Jeremiah 1:11-12).
- Jesus is the ultimate Tabernacle; you need to remain/abide in Him (John 1:14).
- You need to ask Jesus to forgive and cleanse you so that you can remain/abide in Him (cf. 1 John 1:5-10).
- If you remain/abide in God, you will gather with His people (cf. Hebrews 10:25).