Jesus’ invasion of earth offered an invitation to heaven.
God’s Gift (5:6-9)
- Water – Through His baptism, Jesus identified with our sin to provide for our cleansing (5:6).
- Blood – Through His crucifixion, Jesus atoned for our sin to pay for our redemption (5:6).
- Spirit – Through His presence, the Spirit draws us to believe the gospel (5:7-8).
- Scripture – Through His Word, God provides us with truth in a world full of opinions (5:9).
Our Response (5:10-12)
- Testimony – Through our conversion, we testify that Jesus’ life has completely changed ours (5:10).
- Eternity – Through the gospel, we believe that we will live with God forever (5:11).
- Purpose – Through the gift of Jesus, we can escape the trivial pursuits of this life to live lives of meaning (5:12).
Have you received Jesus as God’s gift to you?