Taking from the Life of Another (3:11-15)
- God cannot be blamed for our hatred of one another (3:11).
- Insecurity and jealousy are the leading causes for why we mistreat others (3:12).
- You will be targeted by the world if you refuse to adopt its divisive ways (3:13).
- If anger toward others is your go-to emotion, you are not abiding with Christ (3:14-15).
Giving Your Life for Another (3:16-18)
- Jesus did not give His life for those who deserved it (3:16).
- Meeting tangible needs is one of the surest signs that we actually love others (3:17).
- We profess our love with words but prove it by our actions (3:18).
“What if I don’t feel like it?”
God is to more trustworthy than our hearts (3:19-20).
“Who will take care of me?”
Be confident that God hears your prayers and notices your obedience (3:21-22).
“Can I just follow Jesus in isolation?”
Our belief in Jesus is intrinsically linked to how we treat others (3:23-24).